Hello Again, Wow, as I am writing this it is the July here in Australia. Where have the past 6-months gone and how turbulent they have been for each and everyone of us.I don’t believe anyone has been immune to what has been happening all around the world.
I am asked continually about keys of hope I to help and enable us all to navigate this season of uncertainty.
Here are 7 Keys of Encouragement – to strengthen your journey through this season and beyond.
- Focus on others – less about self: Uncertainty can drive people into themselves, making them feel isolated and helpless. Can I encourage you to to go in the opposite direction, by expanding your connection with others and focusing on helping them. This will help turn negatives into positives. The more we can add value to others, truly the better we will feel about yourself and your situation.
- Focus on relationships – not about things: In uncertain times, people become frightened about the viability of the things they thought they would have or acquire.
Can I encourage you to focus on deepening the power and possibility of all your relationships—with family, friends, work colleagues and community. Every time you strengthen a relationship, your ability to add value increases.
- Focus on your opportunities – not losses: In uncertainty things we have had and may have taken for granted sometimes disappear. Some people never get over this. They keep trying to replay their old games and live in regret. Any baseball player can tell you that today’s home run has no bearing on tomorrow’s game.
But winning tomorrow’s game requires learning, adapting, and shifting one’s focus today.
Just because something worked well yesterday, that doesn’t mean it will remain effective today; or in this season. Can I encourage you to start an entirely new game— using new ideas, new energies, new tools, and new resources. As the world changes, opportunities suddenly become available to achieve far more than you ever did in the past.
- Focus on your progress – not difficulties: Things may not be as easy as they once were. New difficulties can either defeat you or reveal new strengths, it’s always a choice. I am such a believer in the power of our choices. Your body’s muscles always get stronger from working against resistance. When we are learning to make great choices, we need to build this muscle. The same is true for the “muscles” in your mind, your spirit, and your character. You get to decide to take this season and the challenges it represents as a time when you can make your greatest progress on discovering the Remarkable Within–it’s there just waiting to be revealed. Let me encourage you to reflect on this and think into your choices.
- Focus on who you can be – not who you were: So many people define themselves by external circumstances, I know I was one of them. When those circumstances change overnight, as they often do unexpectedly, they don’t know who they are, so they keep trying to be who they used to be or who the label said they were. Can I encourage you to take your cues from the inside of you–from your dreams, ideals, values, and operating principles. These need never change, regardless of the circumstances. Use this time to reflect and align your values even more deeply and work to become self-directed, self-managed, and self-motivated.
- Focus on your responses – not what you can’t control: When things are going well, many people think they’re actually in control of the circumstances around them. We know that we can only control who we are, and how we respond to the circumstances we are in or face. We see so many feeling so defeated and depressed when things turn bad, I know what this is like when I have been there myself. Can I encourage to focus on the thing you can control, not what you can’t. This is such a better use of your energy capacity. Where there is fear, uncertainty, or discomfort, focus your attention and energies on your responses. Remember Remarkable You, respond and don’t react.
- focus on your gratitude – not on complaining: When times get tough, we have an opportunity to make a great choice, a fundamental decision–to complain or to be grateful. To decide on what we will negotiate on and what we won’t. In an environment where we see negativity increasing dramatically, the consequences of our decisions to complain or be grateful are much greater. Complaining only attracts negative thoughts and people. Gratitude, on the other hand, creates the opportunity for the best thinking, actions, and results to emerge. Can I encourage you to focus on everything you’re grateful for, and put this at the forefront of your mind. Start your day by thinking on ‘what am I grateful for today’ and finish your day with ‘what am I thankful’ that happened in the day. It will change your mindset to unlimited possibilities.
Again, let me remind you that making good daily habits and breaking bad ones is a daily process for the rest of your life. Here’s a helpful tool to take with you as you journey to discover the Remarkable Within!
Healthy Identity – Ask for help – Be kind to yourself – Investigate and make changes – Trust the process – for me The God Process – Small wins – make sure you celebrate them!!!
Action speak louder than words…
A – Decide what action you will take
C – Identify what choices you will make
T – Commit to timeframe for this change
Stay Safe, social distance, wash you hands, wear a mask if you are required to… working together we are better. Journey well, Remarkable You as your discover the HOPE within!
Until next time … Love Wendy